Would you like to join in the fun of volunteering to help Suncoast Orienteering?
Become a Friend of Suncoast Orienteering and when you sign up and help at an event your entry for that event or another event will be free!
What type of volunteering can a Friend do?
See the following list of activities.
Here’s a list of activities on how you can help at the various events:
- Help set out the control markers in advance of the event.
- Be a forerunner to re-check to be sure all the controls are in place on the event day.
- Act as a greeter giving out information to newcomers.
- Staff the Public Registration Table.
- Help at the Timing Table.
- Help sell merchandise if there is anything to sell at the event.
- Assist in collecting the control markers at the end of the event.
But wait! There’s more …
With more experience, volunteers can become event directors and course setters. That is REALLY neat!
Volunteers can pitch in to make a map of a new orienteering venue or update an existing one. That is the “top of the volunteering pyramid”!